YWCA Northwest Louisiana (NWLA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to eliminating racism and empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the YWCA NWLA. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, Fab Finds Resale Shop, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include staff leadership, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading the YWCA NWLA in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the YWCA NWLA, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial position of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the YWCA’s mission.
- Responsible for monitoring of Fab Finds sales and expenses to ensure meeting YWCA annual budget projections.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of YWCA’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that the YWCA NWLA can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of YWCA image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Maintain membership and compliance requirements of being an associate of YWCA USA.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for effective administration of YWCA NWLA and Fab Finds operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into with Board approval.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and oversight of annual budget.
- Enforcing board approved employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as YWCA NWLA primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the community and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance YWCA’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization throughout the community.
- Assist Board of Directors with administrative needs relating to meetings, committees and board activities.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate organization staff.
- Oversight of programs to ensure connection to YW mission and compliance with all grant and policy requirements.
- Monitor Fab Finds Sales to ensure on track with organization and Fab Finds Annual Budget
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Provide staff leadership for planning and implementation of special events, including Women Who Care, Share Luncheon.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Research, create and submit grants, foundation requests and sponsorship requests.
- Ensure timely acknowledgements are sent for all donations including in-kind.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in senior management with a nonprofit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of YWCA NWLA strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector Knowledge
- Successful track record in fund development and special events
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members, other volunteers and partner agencies
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Is innovative and visionary in development of results-driven programs and services
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, evaluation and supportive supervision of staff
- Passion for the YWCA mission of “eliminating racism and empowering women”
Reports to: YWCA Board of Directors
Hours: Full-time position
Salary range: $60,000 – $65,000
Please send resume by September 18, 2020 to:
Rachel Scott, Interim Executive Director
YWCA Northwest Louisiana
850-B Olive Street
Shreveport, LA 71104 or
or for more information, visit https://ywcanwla.org/executive-director-opening/