YWCA Northwest Louisiana
Racial Justice Coordinator
YWCA Northwest Louisiana (NWLA) is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that was founded in 1924. The YWCA NWLA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The Racial Justice Coordinator organizes and promotes the YWCA Racial Justice Program to further the YWCA mission and to have an impact on the elimination of racism in Shreveport/Bossier area. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Organizing and coordinating all components of the YWCA’s Racial Justice program which includes but is not limited to: scheduling Dialogue on Race groups, racial justice workshops, discussion forums and webinars; coordinating all logistics of events, including registration and tracking of participants.
- Marketing and promoting the YWCA’s Racial Justice program through various means of promotion including social media and web-based platforms.
- Collaborating with partner agencies, local organizations, schools, businesses and government to work together with the YWCA on racial justice programs for the community.
- Research emerging trends of issues impacting racial justice and create programs to address issues and current events.
- Research racial justice programs to replicate and implement at YWCA NWLA.
- Work with Dialogue on Race Louisiana to utilize resources and maintain affiliate status.
- Improve and coordinate registration and payment method for YWCA racial justice events.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and documentation of all racial justice events as required by funders (income, ethnicity, geographic information, etc.), and documenting program outcome milestones and impact methodology for all programs.
- Develop and maintain report of in-kind donations and volunteer hours.
- Work with the YWCA Executive Director on planning, coordination of collaborations with other entities, program development and implementation; create monthly reports to communicate activities.
- Participate in YWCA staff meetings and YWCA events as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent educational background
Non-profit experience needed
Racial justice experience needed
Excellent organizational skills required
Program and event planning needed
Good communication skills, written and verbal
Experience with technology and social media needed
Send resume to:
YWCA of Northwest Louisiana at: email@example.com