The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The YWCA has been at the forefront of the most critical social movements for more than 160 years — from women’s empowerment and civil rights, to affordable housing and pay equity, to violence prevention and health care.
Across the globe, we have more than 25 million members in 106 countries, including 2.6 million members and participants in 300 local associations in the United States.
More important than the numbers, is our mission to eliminate racism and empower women. We provide safe places for women and girls, build strong women leaders, and advocate for women’s rights and civil rights in Congress.
The YWCA is the voice for every woman.
For over a century, the YWCA has spoken out and taken action on behalf of women and girls. The YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Over 2 million people participate each year in YWCA programs at more than 1,300 locations across the U.S. Worldwide, the YWCA serves more than 25 million women and girls in 125 countries.
2018 YEAR END ANNUAL REPORT
Thank to the generosity of so many in our community, in 2018, the YWCA of Northwest Louisiana directly served over 1,700 girls, women, and community members and indirectly served almost 4,000 people. This includes:
• Trauma Counseling Program served 35 women and girls
• Senior Advocacy Program served 43 and educated 563 senior women in crime and fraud prevention.
• LEAD Program served 392 at-risk girls in leadership training groups and 54 girls in workshops
• Young Women Choosing Action Trauma-Informed program served 32 girls
• The Racial Justice Program served 69 community members in the Dialogue on Race Original Series, 17 community members in the advanced series, trained 14 facilitators, and 150 participants in community forums
• Parent Education and Support Program served 335 parents
• The FREE Coalition educated over 3,990 people in sex-trafficking prevention
2018 Year-End Form 990